Friday, July 08, 2005

I'm with you London

I am no fan of pomp and circumstance. I am no fan of suits and ties (to the dismay of my mother) However, I am a fan of the British and the monarchy. Not for what it used to stand for, monarchs who ruled how they saw fit, but for what it stands for now, strength, dignity, integrity (mostly), and politness. The Brits have a way about them that can come off as "superior". I do not think they think they are superior (got that? no? read it again).

I saw in a B movie once, a scene where a man explains to a woman what being a gentleman or a lady means. He said it means making whom ever you are with feel comfortable and happy. Best defintion I ever heard. That's all the Brits do. This can come off as belittlement, mothering, etc. I think it is strength. It is hard to be a gentleman. I try, but fail often. My mother and father brought me up to be a gentleman. Open doors, say "nice to meet you", and always say "thank you". But in today's society one can forget to be a gentleman. One can forget to make people you are with feel as comfortable as they can be. I'm going to keep trying. Will you?

What got me going? I read this. Make sure you listen to the music. I'm with the Brits. I too will bow my head to the monarchy. I too will support their efforts to find whomever bombed them. And not just because they supported us. I cannot be convinced that terrorism will win. We must all be positive that good shall triumph (we are the good despite what other's say). We cannot be defeatist. Rise up! Tell someone, everyone that you wish to be safe. That you wish for all peoples to have the rights, liberties and freedoms that we enjoy (and take for granted). Do not let terroist tyranny win. They are very few. I am convinced that the majority of Islam is not with these fundementalists. These fundementalist, racist, terror moungers who think they are superior must be defeated. Do not lose your resolve.

Holy moly I'm wound up.

I fear for us. I fear that we will give up too soon. I fear that giving up too soon will lead to more terrorism here. Which means my family would be in danger. That is unacceptable to me. We will never figure out why they hate us. stop trying. Defeat them. jail them. If need be, kill them. If it's them or me, I pick them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home