Thursday, November 18, 2004

Bible as a guide

There is an email circulating that is really old. It quotes from the Bible to prove or disprove (I forget which) some current political issue. People use the Bible to defend or promote anything. If we followed the Bible to the letter we’d still “live in caves and eat mud”. Do I agree with everything W thinks? ‘course not. However, the Bible, to me, is merely a guide. A compilation of stories cobbled together to teach lessons to the reader. Many may be huge exaggerations to make a point. (Limbaugh does this all the time. But peanut brains think he’s serious.) You get my point. I think there is a middle ground that most of America is already in. Most people in “Jesusland” are not Bible thumpers (or stupid talentless people for that matter). And most people in the “Seceded States of Canada” are not atheists (or genius entertainers). The middle ground is living as good and honest a life as you can. Some use the Bible to guide them some don’t (although I bet the lessons they use as a guide came from the Bible).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home