Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Bush Wins

Quote from the AP
"The victory gave Bush four more years to pursue the war on terror and a conservative, tax-cutting agenda, and probably the opportunity to name one or more justices to an aging Supreme Court"
1. As if, miraculously, the war on terror would end immediately upon Kerry's election. I was counting ballots last night and a woman actually believed that if Kerry were elected the war would end. How? I asked. nothing. She just bought into Kerry. I suppose I can understand and live with that. But, She went on to say how arrogant Bush was. I'm thinking to myself, If you think Bush is arrogant, and don't like it, how the hell can you like Kerry?
joke:
Kerry is told by an advisor: "You are not connecting with the average American."
Kerry: "Au contraire!"
Although it's a joke and an exaggeration of him, it rings true.
2. Not just a tax cutting agenda, but a conservative one. That means what? Oh yeah; tax breaks for the wealthy and big business. And I assume this means cutting all spending on black/hispaninc/Asian atheist pregnant single mothers who are blind in one eye and can't hear or speak and who live in the ghetto. What it means is that you and I get to keep our money and spend it as we see fit. I sent my rebate check to my church. Perhaps you bought some clothes, or paid down some of your debt. What it means is that all the special projects won't get their 35% increase. They'll only get 20%. Nevermind that inflation is only 2%. Why do government programs always need more of an increase than is reasonable?
3. An ultra conservative judge will not make it past the Senate. I just don't see it happening.


Heard at therapy this morning: "I fear for our country now." Why? Unfortunately I was not in position to question the speaker. But what is to happen? All of a sudden it's going to rain down terrorists and bombs? Is the earth going to swallow us up? I really did not want Kerry to win, but I have to admit to believing that if he did win, I did not fear for our country. I feared for the other countries who then would not get our protection and I feared the decline of my bank account. That's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home