Monday, August 08, 2005

Old adages

Perhaps the anti-war crowd should confront the idea of victory! I don't mind being told what to think or do (I'll rarely do it, but I don't mind being told), but the "teller" might want to take some of his or her own advice. I subscribe to the old adage of "Prepare for the worst, hope for the best." If more people did this there'd be less bickering, I think.

We didn't travel north this weekend. The wife's enemy reared it's ugly head Friday afternoon. I decided to stay home the whole weekend as opposed to heading up in the morning. We accomplished much. We viewed some homes that have the coating we are looking to have applied to our historic home. It is applied like paint directly to the shingles but has life long characteristics of vinyl siding. Having the house finally painted after all this time will be a complete pleasure. I performed a Spring cleaning of the kitchen on Sunday. The entire room was a disaster from the remodeling project. Sheet rock dust, saw dust and just plain dirt was everywhere. Wife performed a similar cleaning of Boy's room, and worked the laundry. We are making our house a home again. Yay!! Next up for cleaning, the dining room. I'll attack that intermittently while I finish up painting the walls and refinishing the woodwork in the living room. The old real estate saying concerning the three most important things about a property are Location, Location and Location. Well the three most important things about home ownership are Work, Work, and Work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home