Monday, May 17, 2004

Huge Mistake

I am stomach sick. Literally. I made the huge mistake of watching the video of Nick Berg's de-capitation. Sickening. Utterly sickening. I think the lack of respect for life is horrifying. Many blame the Bush administration for this murder. I don't know. I would tend to blame the news media (or the person who leaked the photos) for showing ad nauseum the prisoner abuse in Iraq. The prisoner abuse issue was (is) being handled and punishment being handed out much before the news media got a hold of it. Showing those photos and publicizing it served no purpose except to try and give the Bush administration a black eye. Instead it took a son from a father.

One thing for sure, my resolve to pursue the war on terror has strengthened. If we retreat, the terrorists will just bring their violence here. We must be strong and aggressive in our offensive against terror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home