Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Very Proud

We had a company meeting today and it was odd because the President of the company (RK) was not there. We soon found out why. He volunteered, through the Red Cross, to go down to Houston and help in the rescue mission for the Hurricane Katrina victims. I know I felt very proud of him for doing so. I imagine everyone else did also. I am also filled with a sense of pride since I now know that RK has so much faith in us that he believes his company will be fine while he gone. He trusts us to take care of the company as he would himself. I for one am glad that I can help in this small way.
But it has gotten me thinking. I talked it over with A and we have volunteered to take in an orphan child from any of the devastated areas. WE do not have any room for a family, just one top bunk on my son's bunk bed, but I imagine it's better than nothing. I don't know if anything will come of it, but we volunteered and I hope we can help.

update: Boy's school has volunteered to take in 4 private school students, so we put our names in for taking in a child for that school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home